The Saint Symphonic Streets

Where are we now ?

Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Birds

A bird Flew in the sky today
An unforgiving october morning

Where grey and black
take me back

In a cautious shiver
The Branches dispell the silence

In a never ending fallacy
Where Colour has left

And the rumour of snow
is just a humid scent

Here where dead leaves grow
and trees are plagiates

Here the windy beaches
have never shored

Here is the home of sorrow
where old women visit the forgotten

To pay an homage to another life
many many years ago

A life that roams old amber photos
and creaks old floors

awaiting to be reunited

with the birds that flew another sky
in another time

Was it all those years ago
Maybe just yesterday

we were on the docks of St. Malo
and I was reading a requiem of poetry to you

While the sky adorned your shoulders
and the white sails that skimmed the water
danced with your Ribbon dress

Tell me love
do Paramé Beaches
still breathe of summer's bliss

And Why are you so alone

They say the Birds
Are like Sadness

They do not stay
Where they're unwanted

4 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really enjoyed the poetry. (Though I couldn't read the other in the foreign language.) You can say so much with so few words! Thankyou for sharing.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Oren Weizman said…

    Well the foreign language is my native '' French ''

    I'm glad you liked it ! loved your stuff too !

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Rich said…

    Thanks for the comment.

    My blog is where I leave the door open and let the closet air out. It was getting awfully stuffy in there.

    Your poetry is beautiful - I wish I could undertsnd French.

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Oren Weizman said…

    Thank you guys for the comments : Micheller, thank you very much for the feedback ! and I appreciate the link !

    Rich ! haha ! well encountering stuffiness is the price we pay for being stuck in our own depths .. well I guess !

    Thank you folks for the kind words !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home